If you have a position you would like to post in this section of the PUNS website, please contact the administrative office.
Registered Nurse, Spina Bifida, Ambulatory
At Boston Children’s Hospital, the quality of our care – and our inclusive hospital working environment – lies in the diversity of our people. With patients from local communities and 160 countries around the world, we’re committed to reflecting the spectrum of their cultures, while opening doors of opportunity for our team. Here, different talents pursue common goals. Voices are heard and ideas are shared. Join us, and discover how your unique contributions can change lives. Yours included.
This Staff Nurse will be responsible for:
- Delivering advanced, compassionate, patient-centered care to a diverse population by cultivating collaborative relationships and adapting to changing technologies in an evolving model of patient care.
- Facilitate care coordination for complex spina bifida patients with:
- Patient and family follow-up.
- Work closely with interdisciplinary teams.
- Answering phone calls related to patient issues/triage.
- Prescription refills, lab evaluation, pre-operative and post-operative plans.
- New patient intakes to assess care acuity prior to clinic visit.
- Work closely with NP to accommodate patient volume.
- Improve patient safety and patient experience.
- Serving as a liaison between the interdisciplinary physician team, nurse practitioners, and administrative staff. Participating in interdisciplinary team meetings for complex patients.
- Working collaboratively to provide family-centered care as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Engaging in health teaching with the patient and their family in collaboration with the health care team.
- Referring patients to community resources, develop relationships with ancillary services to assist in problem solving/facilitate patient access and patient care.
To qualify, you must have:
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- 3 years of RN experience, previous experience with pediatric complex-care patients preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytic and organizational skills to resolve highly complex problems
- The ability to work 40 hours a week, four 10 hour shifts, Monday - Friday.
The Spina Bifida and Spinal Cord Conditions Center at Boston Children’s specializes in caring for infants, through early adulthood with the diagnosis of spina bifida. Our team of over a dozen specialties coordinate the care related to surgical treatments, ongoing therapies, and management of all related conditions. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a world-renowned Center providing state-of-the art care, innovation and research.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Regular, Temporary, Per Diem: Regular
Standard Hours per Week: 40
Office/Site Location: Boston
Job Category: Nursing