2013 Final Program
*To view the individual presentation, please click on the title.
|7:00 - 8:00
Sponsored by PottyMD
||Welcome and Opening Remarks
Angelique Champeau, RN, CPNP
|8:15 - 9:15
||Behavioral Challenges in Pediatric Urology
Sheryl Lozowski-Sullivan, MPD, PhD
- Establish interactive adult learning environment.
- Define pediatric psychology.
- Explain how pediatric urology and pediatric psychology overlap through case presentations provided by presenter and attendees.
- Illustrate how to collaborate with pediatric psychology and provide resources.
|9:15 - 10:00
||Scientific Session: Abstracts
||Home Pressure and Volume Measurement as a Screening Instrument to Identify Patients With Safe Intravesical Pressures: A Prospective Validation Study
||Maryellen Pribish, Guy Hidas, Tandis Soltani, John Billimek, Alison Ashby, Blake Watts, Irene McAleer, Gordon McLorie, Antoine E. Khoury
- Review the use of a simple ruler-based manometer to measure intravesical home pressures prior to leakage or prior to scheduled drainage.
- Evaluate the ability of PVD to identify patients at low risk for having high bladder pressures measured during urodynamic study (UDS).
Effective and Organ Specific Organ Doses from Videourodynamics in Children
Jean Dearn, Ryan Hsi, Melanie Dean, David Zamora, Kalpana Kanal, Jonathan Harper, Paul Merguerian
- Review studies on Radiation dose from Videourodynamics (VUDS) and potential risk to internal organs.
- Determine levels of radiation exposure from VUDS by calculating estimated entrance skin dose (ESD), ED and testicular and ovarian organ dose; and determine clinical factors associated with radiation.
|10:00 - 10:15
||Break - Sponsored by UTI Medical
|10:15 - 11:15
||Concurrent Breakout Sessions
||Mitrofanoffs, Maces and Bladder Augmentations: Tips and Tricks to Manage the Problems
Ann Boisclair-Fahey, CPNP, DNP, RN
- Understand the surgical procedures used to create a Mitrofanoff, Mace and Bladder Augmentation
- Demostrate knowledge on how to decrease the risk of developing bladder stones
- Manage stomal stenosis
- Successfully catheterize a Mitrofanoff channel with false passages
||Natalie Platcher, RN MSN CPNP
- Review current coding strategies for pediatric urological procedures.
|11:15 - 12:15
||Sexuality in the Handicapped Patient
Susanne A. Quallich, NP
- Review the anatomically-based sexual function issues in this population
- Discuss methods to introduce the discussion of sexuality issues, based on developmental stage
- Identify treatment options appropriate to this population, including future fertility issues
|12:15 - 1:15
||Lunch - Sponsored by Salix
|1:15 - 3:15
||Urodynamics: Interpretation, Performing, Problem Solving
Moderator: Shelly King
- Define the components of urodynamics
- Discuss appropriate use of urodynamics
- Review documentation of patient history and urodynamic procedure
- Provide hands-on instruction for use of urodynamic equipment
Hands-on Demonstration Stations:
- Mediwatch USA Inc.
- The Prometheus Group
- Medical Measurement Systems
|3:15 - 3:30
||PUNS Annual Business Meeting (members only)
|3:30 - 3:45
|3:45 - 4:00
- Research: Cheryl Baxter, RN, MS
- Education: Ann Marie Berger-Finley, MSN, FNP
- Urodynamics: AnnMarie Hannon, MSN, CPNP
- Biofeedback: Darlenia Andrews, DNP
|4:00 - 5:00
||Refractory Bladder Conditions
Cheryl Baxter, RN, MS
- The participant will be able to state the classifications of bladder dysfunction according to ICCS definitions.
- The participant will be able to discuss decision making in the care of refractory bladder overactivity children.
- The participant will be able to discuss current therapies and interventions for treatment of refractory bladder overactivity children.
|5:00 - 7:00
||Sponsored by Hollister, Inc.